Since Pokemon Go has launched, the game has generated its share of headlines. Pokemon, a series of video games developed by Game Freak and Creatures Inc and published by Nintendo based on a cartoon series. The cartoon series features 10 year old Ash who aspires to be the greatest Pokemon trainer in the world. In his effort he enlists the help of two friends, Misty and Brock, and his own Pokemon, Pikachu who also becomes more his friend. Together they search their world for all Pokemon while avoiding Team Rocket and their Pokemon, Meowth.I myself have recently been pulled into the game and found myself walking around looking for Pokemon. Some being rather unreachable due to having to trek into other people’s backyards that may or may not have dogs while Pokemon gyms are located near bus stops and state buildings. I will probably head out after this on my own quest to “Catch em all.”
Now some headlines have been true like 4 teens using the game to rob Pokemon Go players. Another story is about a lady who found a dead body while playing the game. CNN has mentioned these incidents while also mentioned that people’s private homes are being turned into Pokemon gyms. You gotta read the CNN article as it mentions some more interesting things revolving around the game.
On the opposite side of things there is a lot of fake news out there involving Pokemon Go. Let me just get straight into it.
- Pokemon GO, a mobile game that has captured the attention of millions of fans worldwide, is yet again the cause of a tragedy. Timmy Richards, A 15 year old Florida teen, was arrested Sunday morning after stabbing his 13 year-old brother to death because, according to authorities, he thought his younger brother had deleted his Pokemon, when in reality, he had simply logged him out.Since the release of Pokemon GO earlier this week, it has been a hit, attracting millions of players from all age ranges. Encouraging players to travel on foot to find and capture the various Pokemon available. “Tragic, tragic, tragic” said Officer Gary Philips, who arrived at the scene a few minutes after the murder, “It’s sad to see a game capture it’s players so much that they are willing to kill others. Especially in this case, as it was all just a misunderstanding”. According to his family, Timmy was a very smart and peaceful person, rarely seen angry or agitated.
- Some users are having problems logging into or playing Pokemon Go the infamous terrorist group know as ISIS is taking responsibility for this attack.ISIS leader Ahmad Aklahar HanhJob says “America will feel the pain of not being able to catch them all” he claims the terrorist group has stopped purchasing illegal firearms and is now moving the war online. He claims they own several computer with over 500gb of ram something that could cause mass destruction.Using a simple dial up connection they have managed to shut down Pokemon Go’s servers.Stay woke and keep updated by checking back as this story develops.
- Charley Lewis claims he was walking home when he felt a vibration from his phone upon checking it the notification was from the Pokemon Go app.He told his family that he didn’t feel the car hit him he simply awoke at the hospital with fractured skull and both his legs broken doctors say he might never walk again. His friend who wants to remain anonymous recorded the incident and immediately dialed 911.Charley Lewis says his life goal was to “catch them all” but with his inability to walk his dreams have been crushed he said “I felt like they set me up for disappointment” he is expected to live but he might never catch them all.His family has already started the suing the Pokemon Go company they feel that a 500 million dollar settlement will be enough to satisfy his disappointment. We have yet to hear from the Pokemon Go company.
- 26 Year-Old Lamar Hickson is accused of causing one of the worst highway accidents after stopping in the middle of the highway to catch a Pikachu.Lamar Hickson admitted to police that he was playing the newly released Pokemon app game know as “Pokemon Go” while driving. He said “Sh*t if you wanna catch them all you gotta risk it all so I put my car in park and started tossing these balls”.Charges against Hickson are still unknown, nobody was seriously hurt but this raises concerns about future accidents. We spoke to one of the car accident victims and he also says he was also playing the game.We spoke the officers Fredrick Jones who says “Texting and driving was already a very serious issue, but now playing Pokemon Go and driving could make things worse.” He said this could double or triple the amount of incidents that happen due to driving while using a mobile device.The hashtag #dontpokemongoanddrive has since started trending on social media.
These four are the main rumor/articles going around that are fake works of fiction originating from the CartelPress website. CartelPress looks like a normal news site but its stories are actually manufactured stories. See if you scroll down to the bottom of the site you will see a link to their Term and Conditions. Once you click on it you are shown this at the top:
So…..there you have it. I have done some research of the site and apparently Huzlers.com regularly publishes fake stories and that CartelPress may be just a mock-up for another site they plan to create which will allow its users to create their own stories and share them on social media. The guy behind the idea even tricked Facebook users into believing he had predicted many milestone events in 2016.
TOLEDO, Ohio — Police say two people in Ohio have been arrested while playing “Pokemon Go” after they climbed over a fence at the Toledo Zoo. The pair was arrested early Thursday after they were spotted on a zoo security camera. Police say the two went over a fence near the zoo’s tiger enclosure in search of the smart phone game’s cartoon monsters. Officers say the pair was walking through the zoo when they were caught. Both were charged with criminal trespass. Twenty-five-year old Robin Bartholomy and 26-year-old Adrian Crawford, both of Toledo, are due in court Friday. Court records do not list attorneys for them. A message seeking comment was left with Crawford. There was no telephone listing for Bartholomy. WTOL reports that Bartholomy posted on Facebook just days before her arrest: ‘I am not above breaking and entering for a Pokemon.” *** True
You can hire a professional Pokemon Trainer…. You gotta read this one.
Some are being led to some not-so-great places.
The whole point of Pokémon Go is that you have to go out in order to play the game. In theory, this is great. So many games we play on our phones keep us stationary, but Pokémon Go has us exploring the world. However, the game’s creators might want to rethink where they’re stashing the Pokémon: Users have reported being led to a strip club, cemeteries, private homes and even a Holocaust museum in pursuit of their prizes.
So with all that has been going on be careful when playing the game and limit where you go. Pokemon appear everywhere even across the street in a neighbor’s backyard that owns two big pit bulls………………………………..
Today smartphones come in larger sizes and you can go out and buy a tablet which will have larger size screens but at times there are trade-offs depending on which tablet you buy. There are also the large following of people who have discovered the Android Emulator. I feel as if I have to back up a little bit to explain what this is and it starts with the word emulator. In this context an emulator is hardware or software that enables one computer system (the host) to behave like another computer system (the guest). Emulators are typically used for running software and games from another system. To make it more clear I can play Playstation games on my computer by installing an emulator. Next step in this definition is an AVD (Android Virtual Device) which by definition is an emulator configuration that lets you model an actual device by defining hardware and software options to be emulated by the Android Emulator. So AVD is a set of settings (basically). In the Android world we have many different Android phones that run several different versions of Android as well as several different graphical overlays (all those icons that you tap on); and, different hardware. So it is possible to create an emulator that can behave just like the phone you bought, whichever phone you have.
I hope that was clear for you and I will be discussing mostly about an Android emulator called Bluestacks who have come a long way since its start in 2011, which was known for being one of the first ways to run Android apps on your Windows computer. Bluestacks is on version 2 now, the latest version of its platform with one big upgrade: the ability to run more than one Android app at the same time. This sounds really cool to me and I will have to put it more through its paces but I can see it adds a tab interface for jumping between several Android apps. It looks a lot like a web browser and Bluestacks 2 can also play mobile ads in separate tabs on click, which is a better idea to keep the ads from interrupting your game. Bluestacks company-wise says it’s reached more than 109 million downloads, with users running more than 1.1 billion Android apps every month. Bluestacks now has the 7th largest Android user base in the world, which is more than Xiaomi and Sony. (According to data from the research firm Gartner.)
Are you a PC gamer interested in playing mobile games? Are you a mobile gamer with the need for a larger screen? Android emulators may just be the thing for you. I will also add there is another big Android emulator that also works well. It is called Andyroid, which tends to be more for the overall Android user that may not need the functionality for gaming per say. You do have to try both out to see which one you like better or which works better for you because from my experience they do come at times with issues. Both companies though give you ways to ask questions in getting those issues worked out. Oh before I go I will add in that some game creators are adding in security software into their games that block these emulators due to some using them to hack those games with the intention of getting harder to acquire items and content. (Someone always has to mess things up for everyone right?)
I have setup a list of the best Android games to help you get through the Play Store’s many titles. So read on as I explore the different game genres in an attempt to find all the best titles to install on your phone or tablet this year.
Gameloft makes a lot of games for Android and they know how to do it well. Gameloft is a video game developer and publisher headquartered in Paris, France. The company also has subsidiaries in 28 countries around the world. They have created a number of games for mobile phone handsets, tablets, games consoles and other platforms.
Founded in 1999 by Michael Guillemot, one of the co-founders and owners of video game publisher and developer Ubisoft, Gameloft has expanded to employ a staff of 5,000 at the end of 2011. Gameloft began to be profitable in 2003. Gameloft’s consolidated revenues were €10.2m (2003), €23.2m (2004) and €46.8m (2005). Gameloft has posted consolidated revenues of €68m in 2006, €96m in 2007, €110m in 2008 and €122m in 2009. In 2010, Gameloft consolidated sales reached €141m and went up to €164m in 2011. In 2012 the revenues continued to grow and crossed the €200m-mark, reaching €208.3m in 2012 and €233.3m in 2013. According to the preliminary data, the revenue for the end of year of 2014 were €227m. Through agreements with major telephone carriers, handset manufacturers, specialized distributors and its online shop, Gameloft states it has a distribution network in over 100 countries. As of 2013, Gameloft had development centers in 20 countries. (Wikipedia.org)
Gameloft, having made games like Asphalt 8, Modern Combat 5 and N.O.V.A. 3 you can pretty much be sure you are playing a game with high-production value and a free-to-play price structure. Brother in Arms 3 is a great game. People are saying it may be Gameloft’s best action game so far. I don’t know about that but the game is cool. The game is a 3rd person shooter game where you guide your character through a World War 2 area as you do the normal weapon and ability upgrades as you play. The graphics are great and the game is not for every Android phone that you run into. If you have any flagship phone or tablet you should be okay to play it. Fun to play and you get into it until boom a purchase is needed but that is how it goes now with most games right?
Keep checking as I look into the coolest fighting game.
While searching for games I ran across a game that caught my attention. I was skeptical at first due to the numerous games that lead on to being cool but just turned out to be the average card/summoner games. I noticed the game was free which always looks good and so I went and found a youtube video of it so I can get an idea. Well the game has my attention. The first thing that comes to mind when viewing the game is the Marvel vs. Capcom type of game. I also notice the graphics of the game are rather pleasing…especially for an Android game. I began to think,”Oh can my phone handle this game.” ………………………………..I pulled my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 out (What can this phone actually not handle…lol) and installed this game.
First thing I noticed is how long it took the phone to open the game. I though that was weird but then again lately the internet has not been up to its normal quality so I ignored this. As I started to play I started to remember something. See the storyline of the game is something I have seen before in the comics and cartoons.
The heroes are controlled somehow and force to fight in a contest tournament. I forget the details but nothing you can’t just google to find out more about. As for the game… The game is fun to play while not having complex controls. Some would say that takes away from the game especially since Marvel vs. Capcom is available for mobile phones. There is also Injustice too which I will get into playing also. Differences between Injustice and Contest of Champions is mainly that more work was put into Injustice. Now this is just something I read which just makes me wanna play it. Trust me I will play it and once I do I will post a video but for now here is a lil look at the game.
So try out Contest of Champions and feel free to post a comment on what you think. Get it on Google Play.
As for this version, I honestly am not sure but the news is that it plays identically as on Mac and PC. This sounds good to me and I would rather be able to play it on a tablet anyways but it is only available for iPad. Nothing Android at the moment but Blizzard states they will be working on one projected near the end of 2014. So myself being an Android person am not happy about that. I played the game but not as often as I would like. Maybe if it was on Android I would play it more. (Actually I would.)
New Expansion Curse of Naxxramas
Recently Blizzard has released a new expansion for Hearthstone adding new challenges giving players a chance at improving their card decks. If you play the game this is a must. As other players get these cards you may need some of your own to survive. The first wing, The Arachnid Quarter will be available for free for at least a month but after that it will cost $6.99 or 700 gold to download. I hear Blizzard will let players buy multiple wings at once at a discount.
Here’s the full list of prices:
- All five wings: $24.99
- Already own first wing: $19.99
- Already own first two wings: $14.99
- Already own first three wings: $9.99
- Individual wings: $6.99, or 700 gold, each
- All five wings: 21.99 euros or 17.49 pounds
- Already own first wing: 17.99 euros or 13.99 pounds
- Already own first two wings: 13.99 euros or 11.49 pounds
- Already own first three wings: 8.99 euros or 6.99 pounds
- Individual wings: 5.99 euros, 4.99 pounds or 700 gold each
So check out Hearthstone. It is a fun game, especially if you like card games. With the World of Warcraft feel to it, it is a treat for any WoW fans. Blizzard just need to get those other versions out there. Mainly iphone and Android. Once they do that the game will really flourish.
Looking back I see Hearthstone is available for Android now. At first the android release was for only tablets. During this time I was able to get the game going on my phone by finding the game from a 3rd source and at the time it ran really slow and was a bit weird to play. I had issues tapping in areas on the board so I could basically play cards but firing magic was an issue. Blizzard has now released its hold on the game and now some phones can play it. It ran fine on my phone. I have/had a Note 3.
N.T.C. On Facebook
Ninja Tech Consulting
- 140 Shanley Street
- Stratford, CT 06615
- [email protected]