Since Pokemon Go has launched, the game has generated its share of headlines. Pokemon, a series of video games developed by Game Freak and Creatures Inc and published by Nintendo based on a cartoon series. The cartoon series features 10 year old Ash who aspires to be the greatest Pokemon trainer in the world. In his effort he enlists the help of two friends, Misty and Brock, and his own Pokemon, Pikachu who also becomes more his friend. Together they search their world for all Pokemon while avoiding Team Rocket and their Pokemon, Meowth.I myself have recently been pulled into the game and found myself walking around looking for Pokemon. Some being rather unreachable due to having to trek into other people’s backyards that may or may not have dogs while Pokemon gyms are located near bus stops and state buildings. I will probably head out after this on my own quest to “Catch em all.”
Now some headlines have been true like 4 teens using the game to rob Pokemon Go players. Another story is about a lady who found a dead body while playing the game. CNN has mentioned these incidents while also mentioned that people’s private homes are being turned into Pokemon gyms. You gotta read the CNN article as it mentions some more interesting things revolving around the game.
On the opposite side of things there is a lot of fake news out there involving Pokemon Go. Let me just get straight into it.
- Pokemon GO, a mobile game that has captured the attention of millions of fans worldwide, is yet again the cause of a tragedy. Timmy Richards, A 15 year old Florida teen, was arrested Sunday morning after stabbing his 13 year-old brother to death because, according to authorities, he thought his younger brother had deleted his Pokemon, when in reality, he had simply logged him out.Since the release of Pokemon GO earlier this week, it has been a hit, attracting millions of players from all age ranges. Encouraging players to travel on foot to find and capture the various Pokemon available. “Tragic, tragic, tragic” said Officer Gary Philips, who arrived at the scene a few minutes after the murder, “It’s sad to see a game capture it’s players so much that they are willing to kill others. Especially in this case, as it was all just a misunderstanding”. According to his family, Timmy was a very smart and peaceful person, rarely seen angry or agitated.
- Some users are having problems logging into or playing Pokemon Go the infamous terrorist group know as ISIS is taking responsibility for this attack.ISIS leader Ahmad Aklahar HanhJob says “America will feel the pain of not being able to catch them all” he claims the terrorist group has stopped purchasing illegal firearms and is now moving the war online. He claims they own several computer with over 500gb of ram something that could cause mass destruction.Using a simple dial up connection they have managed to shut down Pokemon Go’s servers.Stay woke and keep updated by checking back as this story develops.
- Charley Lewis claims he was walking home when he felt a vibration from his phone upon checking it the notification was from the Pokemon Go app.He told his family that he didn’t feel the car hit him he simply awoke at the hospital with fractured skull and both his legs broken doctors say he might never walk again. His friend who wants to remain anonymous recorded the incident and immediately dialed 911.Charley Lewis says his life goal was to “catch them all” but with his inability to walk his dreams have been crushed he said “I felt like they set me up for disappointment” he is expected to live but he might never catch them all.His family has already started the suing the Pokemon Go company they feel that a 500 million dollar settlement will be enough to satisfy his disappointment. We have yet to hear from the Pokemon Go company.
- 26 Year-Old Lamar Hickson is accused of causing one of the worst highway accidents after stopping in the middle of the highway to catch a Pikachu.Lamar Hickson admitted to police that he was playing the newly released Pokemon app game know as “Pokemon Go” while driving. He said “Sh*t if you wanna catch them all you gotta risk it all so I put my car in park and started tossing these balls”.Charges against Hickson are still unknown, nobody was seriously hurt but this raises concerns about future accidents. We spoke to one of the car accident victims and he also says he was also playing the game.We spoke the officers Fredrick Jones who says “Texting and driving was already a very serious issue, but now playing Pokemon Go and driving could make things worse.” He said this could double or triple the amount of incidents that happen due to driving while using a mobile device.The hashtag #dontpokemongoanddrive has since started trending on social media.
These four are the main rumor/articles going around that are fake works of fiction originating from the CartelPress website. CartelPress looks like a normal news site but its stories are actually manufactured stories. See if you scroll down to the bottom of the site you will see a link to their Term and Conditions. Once you click on it you are shown this at the top:
So…..there you have it. I have done some research of the site and apparently Huzlers.com regularly publishes fake stories and that CartelPress may be just a mock-up for another site they plan to create which will allow its users to create their own stories and share them on social media. The guy behind the idea even tricked Facebook users into believing he had predicted many milestone events in 2016.
TOLEDO, Ohio — Police say two people in Ohio have been arrested while playing “Pokemon Go” after they climbed over a fence at the Toledo Zoo. The pair was arrested early Thursday after they were spotted on a zoo security camera. Police say the two went over a fence near the zoo’s tiger enclosure in search of the smart phone game’s cartoon monsters. Officers say the pair was walking through the zoo when they were caught. Both were charged with criminal trespass. Twenty-five-year old Robin Bartholomy and 26-year-old Adrian Crawford, both of Toledo, are due in court Friday. Court records do not list attorneys for them. A message seeking comment was left with Crawford. There was no telephone listing for Bartholomy. WTOL reports that Bartholomy posted on Facebook just days before her arrest: ‘I am not above breaking and entering for a Pokemon.” *** True
You can hire a professional Pokemon Trainer…. You gotta read this one.
Some are being led to some not-so-great places.
The whole point of Pokémon Go is that you have to go out in order to play the game. In theory, this is great. So many games we play on our phones keep us stationary, but Pokémon Go has us exploring the world. However, the game’s creators might want to rethink where they’re stashing the Pokémon: Users have reported being led to a strip club, cemeteries, private homes and even a Holocaust museum in pursuit of their prizes.
So with all that has been going on be careful when playing the game and limit where you go. Pokemon appear everywhere even across the street in a neighbor’s backyard that owns two big pit bulls………………………………..
Now we have the Samsung Galaxy S7 vs. the Apple iPhone 6s. The first thing that comes to mind is the “s” in the iPhone 6s which to me just tells me that is but a minor change from the 6 at first glance but come to find out the 6s is just what the 6 should have been from the start (gotta know to read between the lines). So first let us start with what is different with the 6s vs the 6.
Screen: Same screen but with 3D Touch
Design: .2 mm thicker, 14g heavier, another color option of Rose Gold, and 7000 anodized aluminum as opposed to 6300. So the design is worse actually but for a worthwhile reason if anyone remembers the “bend-gate” scandal of the iPhone 6.
Performance: Apple A9 64bit dual core 1.84GHz (CPU), PowerVR GT7600 (GPU), 2GB RAM. What this means is the 6s has a newer CPU and GPU which is faster and the phone has more memory than 1GB (finally an iphone with more than 1GB) More memory translates into more you can do at once and more webpages opened. Oh also any review you read about the Apple CPU do not be impressed by how much more percent the CPU is faster cause all that matters is how that CPU can handle the Operating System period.
Camera: 4MP higher camera with all the same features while adding 4K video and 5MP front camera instead of the 1.2 the 6 had. Oh and they added a Live Photo feature.
Battery: It is a smaller battery than the 6 but supposedly the newer iOS in the 6s is more power efficient.
So now that you know the differences between the iPhone 6 vs the 6s (it is relevant…..trust me as I will go into more info on that later) let’s get into business. I am not going to go into a long review of these phones but instead show you a spec comparison and then explain it.
OS : Android 6.0
Dimensions : 5.61 x 2.74 x 0.31 inches (142.4 x 69.6 x 7.9 mm)
Weight : 152g
Size : 5.1 inches
Resolution : 1440×2560 pixels
Pixel Density: 576 ppi
Type : Super AMOLED
Features : Light & Proximity Sensor
Flash : LED
Aperture : F1.7
Camcorder : 3840×2160 (4K)
Front-facing camera : 5MP
System Chip : Exynos 8 Octa 8890 / Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820
Processor : Octa-core, 2300 MHz (2.3GHZ), Exynos M1 and ARM Cortex-A53 , 64-bit / Quad-core with a
Dual-core 2.15 GHz Kryo & dual-core 1.6 GHz Kryo
Graphics Processor : Mali-T880 MP12 / Adreno 530
Memory : 4096MB (4GB)
Storage expansion : microSD, microSDHC, microSDXC up to 200 GB
Capacity : 3000 mAh
User replaceable : no
Wireless Charging : Optional
MSRP : $650 – $795 (Edge version costs $100 more)
The Galaxy S7 screen is better by far with more pixels resulting in a much better look. Quite frankly nothing beats out a Samsung AMOLED display. The Iphone has 3D Touch an all which sounds cool if you use it. 3DTouch is a feature that allows the screen detect pressure which you can use to preview emails and websites. Let us not forget the Edge version of this cool display with its curve edge which adds more features to the phone.
OLED technology is the future where future phone can be flexible and foldable. These displays are lighter, thinner, faster in response time, have more vibrant colors, better viewing angles, high color accuracy, and like you see in the new line of Samsung phones an always-on display mode.Performance:
The S7 is the winner here while both perform great with their respective operating systems. The S7 no matter which variant you get whether the Exnyos or Snapdragon (US versions) you are still getting more cores for your buck along with more memory. Double the amount of memory (think like your home PC or laptop) translates into faster performance and more multitasking. You can basically do more with 4GB and you can with 2GB. More open apps and more opened webpages. Now some will say the Apple is better here and I ask…. Based on what test? These 2 phones are very different while using different operating systems and frankly there is no true way to compare them performance-wise. If there was some way to test these phone on equal grounds while using the same OS then maybe as performance depends greatly on software. So when you see performance benchmarking reviews take them with a grain of salt cause what matters is if it runs good for what you use that phone for.Software:
Which OS being better depends largely on what you like and want. Which one actually being better won’t matter to most if not all people. iOS and Android are both great but here we run into that age old battle of windows verses Mac OS, though not same per say but definitely is the same battle based on the same pros and cons. Apple’s closed management of iOS makes it better as far as upgrades are concerned as long as your device can run it which Apple also dictates. Android is more open by far with an app store that offers a lot more at the price of zero. Updates take longer and if you are a techy person you can do a lot more with your phone by installing customized versions of android on your phone by going to certain sites like xda-developers. This option is what can largely increase the life of your phone as I have mentioned latter in my reference to the Note 3. Not to mention those movie apps people find like Showbox or Moviebox.Camera:
The camera is something you have to test out no matter what the specs are and a lot of reviews are stating the S7 camera is better. We use our phone to take selfies and capture those special moments which are usually in low light environments. Samsung has focused on this and the S7 has proven to be better in low light. I have seen a lot of mixed reviews, of course, but most of them praise the S7 on its low light performance. Even an Apple fan site, iMore, says the S7 won in their comparison of the cameras. Anyone reading this can look this up and you will find these camera shootouts going on, on websites. Other sites to check are Yahoo and CNET.Battery:
The S7 has a bigger battery but at the same time needs it and still has not beaten Apple yet on battery life.
- Removal of the headphone jack
- Faster LTE modem made by Intel instead of Qualcomm
- Wraparound screen using OLED technology (I doubt this very much. Maybe later down the road in like 2018 or something as Apple is always behind.)
- Copying of some S7 specs like the dual-lens camera.
- A new chassis that allows radio signals through it or just redesigning the antenna lines. (Hmmm great for signal increases but bad if you one of those people that are into the effects these signals can cause on people.)
So if you have an upgrade up and are looking to upgrade you probably should wait till around September/October time to see what this new iPhone 7 will be then decide what to upgrade to then. Oh will add that the Note 6 will also be a choice then too as I hear Samsung will be bringing back the SDCard. When it comes to the Note series of phones even if you do not use the S-Pen they are great phones and from what I hear the Note 6 may sport 6GB of memory, 4000mAh battery, and the same water and dust resistant features as the Galaxy S7. Yeah another feature the S7 has. Check out this video.
If you want to read more on the S7 you can checkout the S7 rumors post.
Apple iPhone 6
- New Sleek design
- Confortable to hold
- Fast performance
- Great display
- Good camera (generally)
- Lacks Optical Image Stabilization
- Battery Life is okay
- NFC can only be used for mobile payments
The iPhone 6 with the larger screen is still confortable to hold. My initial testing shows it to be fast and the display was okay to me. Although Samsung’s AMOLED screens are still better from what I can see. The iPhone screens just didn’t seem as bright to me. (A little screen brightness adjusting may fix that though.) This iphone does not have the same battery which translates to shorter battery life as the iPhone 6 Plus. This detail has been mentioned in other reviews throughout the web also just in case you want more proof. The Optical Image Stabilization is also not present but the phone is a good choice for most people.
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
- Long Battery Life
- Great camera with Optical Image Stabilization
- Fast performance
- Large great display
- One-handed use is not for everyone and can be uncomfortable
- NFC can only be used for mobile payments
The iPhone 6 Plus some would say is difficult to use one-handed but that really depends on what you are used to and how big your hands are. Although I have heard it mentioned that the phone is more uncomfortable than similar phones of its size. Now I like my Note 3 and its shape at times has help me catch it before it fell due to the more square look and the metalic bezel. I literally had the phone at my finger tips at times but you cannot beat having enough screen real estate for the playing of games, movies, and web surfing. So with the larger size you do get an iPad-like experience on a small device. The phone is said also in all areas that it does have better battery life then the smaller iPhone 6. The camera is also better which can the a deciding factor for some.
Overall both phones are great phones and at different sizes, Apple will be able to cut into the ‘phablet’ market that Samsung has started with the Note series. The iphone 6 looks great but inside the hood is just mid to mid-high components. Again Apple has cut a few corners by doing what it does best, take lower end hardware and create a cult of fans by captivating the senses with great looks. Smartphones in general are said to be more and have more features than what a lot people will ever use. There is also website all over the web talk about Apple fans being people who think different and are more artistic. If that is the case then why are they settling for the mere great looks of an iPhone and not buying a Samsung Note device? The answer for most is simply to be cool. Oooooh I have an iPhone and I will defend it to the end with false Pros and true Cons, despite of the fact which prove otherwise. Then again having a lot of features just isn’t a concern and just want a cool smartphone with simplicity. In that I do agree but with any device there are quirks. The iPhone just isn’t for me due to having been spoiled by the Galaxy Note’s S-Pen but to anyone who hasn’t been spoiled like me I would recommend the iPhone most definitely as a 2 year phone. What I mean is, sure get the phone, but when upgrade time comes get a different phone so you can actuallly feel like you upgraded because the iphone experience has not really changed that much over the years. The idea of improving the integration and interactivity of iphones with other Apples would be the only change you will find. So if I was an iPhone 5 user that actually put my phone to use by using as many features as I can find a use for then upgrade to the iPhone 6 Plus. If most of what you do is talk then there is no large reason (a cracked screen would be good reason) to upgrade from any iPhone 4 or 5 other than to simply have the newest (and greatest……supposedly) phone. So you cannot go wrong with the iPhone really just make sure you get nsurance on it and protect the phone with a case and screen cover.
N.T.C. On Facebook
Ninja Tech Consulting
- 140 Shanley Street
- Stratford, CT 06615